Discover Sanibel Moorings
Sanibel Moorings has been a part of the island community for 43 years. During these past years, we have seen countless guests come through our doors, many of them return year after year, and some discover our beautiful property for the first time. Whether you are a first time guest or a repeat guest, there is always something new to discover here at The Moorings. The list below will help you get the most out of your stay with us on Sanibel Island.
- 22 Miles of Bike Trails – Sanibel Island is a naturally beautiful place and much of the island is untouched. To preserve this, there are only a few roads that get you from one end to the other. The best way to get around the island is by bicycle! Sanibel Moorings offers adult bike rentals through the front desk for any length of time. You could rent a bike for a few hours or a few weeks.
- Open water adventures – The main reason anyone comes to an island is to see the water and sit on the beach. Here at Sanibel Moorings, we want to help you explore the water around our island as best we can. That is why we offer Kayaks, Canoes, and Stand Up Paddleboards to our guests. The kayaks and canoes are offered at no charge, while the Paddle Boards can be rented for a half day or a full day through the front desk.
- Staying active – We know that not everyone can just sit on the beach for hours on end. Some people enjoy staying active with a bike ride, swimming, sports, golf, etc. We do our best to cater to these guests by offering Tennis and Pickleball along with equipment at no charge to our guests. Equipment can be checked out at the front desk.
- Furry Friends – Sometimes it can be difficult to leave your furry friends at home when going on a trip. At Sanibel Moorings we love seeing those cute little faces and offer some condos that are pet-friendly. We just ask that you give us a call and work out the pet-friendly condo ahead of time!
- Learning and Engagement – Sanibel Island is home to a very diverse ecosystem, full of wonderful plants and animals. Unless you live in the area, you may not know what you are looking at when you walk down the beach or even around our property. We offer a few different guided tours to help you get the most out of your visit. Some of the tours we offer are;
- Botanical Garden Tour – Sanibel Moorings is a certified Botanical Garden (the only one on the island) and we offer a guided tour to help our guests learn about all the different flowers and plants we have on the grounds
- Beach Walk Tour – We have partnered with the Sanibel Sea School to offer a guided beach walk to our guests. An instructor from the school will take you down the beach and talk about the island, shells, crustaceans, birds, and anything else you can think of.
- Shelling lecture – Sanibel Island is known to be one of the best shelling destinations in the world. The way our island is oriented, it acts as a net for all kinds of different shells. You can learn about the different kinds you can find during your stay from a local charter captain here on Sanibel.
These are just a few of the ways you can make the most out of your stay at Sanibel Moorings. Our knowledgeable front desk staff can help answer any questions you may have about things to do, places to eat, sights to see, etc. Please feel free to give us a call at 239-472-4119 or check for availability through our website. We hope to see you for your next stay here at Sanibel Moorings soon!