Updated as of 2.24.21
Important information: Per the City of Sanibel proclamation 20-040, face masks are REQUIRED for all persons on the Island while indoors at public places, or when social distancing is not possible. Sanibel Moorings will require all persons to wear masks while inside all amenities such as the front office (currently closed for face-to-face interactions), conference room, guest laundry areas, fitness room, and anytime social-distancing is not possible, whether indoors or outdoors.
There are currently no rental restrictions on Vacation Rentals per the State of Florida, Lee County, and the City of Sanibel.
Sanibel Moorings Resort’s COVID-19 Cleaning Procedures and Fees:
Safety and cleanliness are and always have been a top priority for us at Sanibel Moorings. We understand providing the safest, cleanest environment for you is paramount and at the top of your mind! While we have always provided the cleanest accommodations, we have enhanced our already stringent protocols.
Here are a few keys changes we have made to our condo cleaning process:
- After each guest has departed, disinfecting spray will be applied to solid surfaces in the condo and housekeeping will remove all bath towels, sheets, bedspreads, blankets, and pillow shams to be professionally laundered after every guest departure. All garbage and recycling left by the guest will also be removed.
- Maintenance will then enter the condo to perform preventative maintenance.
- Housekeepers will thoroughly clean the condo.
- After cleaning, the room will be inspected by a head of housekeeping.
- After inspections, a disinfecting solution will be applied to the entire condo by an electrostatic fogger. The solution is botanical in nature and is non-toxic to humans and animals. Click here for more information about the product.
- In order to allow the electrostatic fogger cleaning solution to penetrate all surfaces, decorative pillows and unnecessary paper items have been removed from every unit.
Because of the new cleaning and disinfecting guidelines, a COVID-19 cleaning fee of $25 plus tax will be applied to each reservation. This fee will be paid by the person occupying the unit and is necessary in order to meet the cleaning and disinfecting standards and associated costs with the new cleaning and disinfecting process.
Changes in Staff Standard Operating Procedures:
- A daily health questionnaire and temperature check is completed by each associate upon arrival to the office.
- Associates that are not feeling healthy, have a temperature of more than 100.4 or that have symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to stay home, see a doctor, and call their supervisor.
- Personal Protective Equipment is used by staff while cleaning condos and common areas
- Masks are required to be worn by associates if they cannot maintain 6ft distance from others
Current Status of Sanibel Moorings’ services, activities, and amenities (which could change at any time):
The following are OPEN or available:
- The Beach (Beach chairs and loungers are self-service. Limited umbrellas will be placed on the beach on a first come, first served basis.)
- Adult Bike Rentals
- Tennis Courts (No equipment is available. Please bring your own.)
- Conference Center
- Guest Laundry Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Beach Towel Rentals
- Maintenance Work Orders (unit must be unoccupied while workers are present.)
- DVD Rental (Delivery Only from 9:00am-4:30pm. Please call or text.)
- Monday Shelling Lecture
- Friday Beach Walk with Sanibel Sea School
The following services, activities and amenities have been suspended or closed until further notice:
- Wednesday Garden Tours (hopefully resuming sometime in 2021)
- Paddle Boards, Canoe & Kayaks, Fishing Rod Rentals through Sanibel Moorings
- Laundry Exchange Window (call or text for delivery of fresh towels from 9:00am-4:30pm). Dirty bath towels should be taken to the Exchange Window bins designated for dirty towels and linens.
- Maid service for in-house guests
Our office will remain closed to in-person interactions. We are available, however, via phone, texts, and email from 8:00am-4:30pm every day and from 4:30-6:00pm for guest arrivals (check-ins) curbside.
Cancellation Policy in response to COVID-19:
Guests who have booked via online travel agents or other third-party sites like Booking.com, VRBO, HomeAway, Red Awning, Expedia, Hotels.com etc. will need to contact their booking provider for assistance. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you in canceling your reservation. You may be subject to your cancellation agreement with the company you booked with.
Guests residing outside of the United States:
For guests who reside in countries other than the United States, we will refund your deposits less the cancellation fee plus tax on any reservation booked prior to December 15, 2020. Reservations booked after December 15, 2020 are subject to the standard, non-COVID-19 cancellation policy.
Guests residing in the United States:
For guests within the 30-day arrival period, we will cancel your reservation and keep your deposit on-hold, with no penalties for use within 365 days (one year) of your current arrival date. *Your deposit will not be refunded for any reason when you cancel in your 30-day window. Rebooking your reservation for future dates does not restart the 30-day arrival policy. Your deposit will not be refunded for any reason.
For guests outside of their 30-days to arrival window, you have two options. The first option is to cancel your reservation and keep your deposit on-hold, with no penalties for use within 365 days of your current arrival date. The second option is to cancel and pay the $100 plus tax cancellation fee.
Required Waiver and Release:
All guests and guests of owners are required to complete and sign the attached “Waiver and Release” before being allowed to have keys to rentals at Sanibel Moorings.
Click here to download the waiver
Arrival Info (very important):
- Guest check-ins will be handled either curbside or through the after-hours lockbox at the front door. PLEASE park in “Registration” and stay in your car! We will come to meet you at your car.
- If you are arriving before 6:00pm, please call us when you have arrived at our office, and we will meet you in the “Registration” parking spots. AGAIN, please stay in your car! If you are arriving after 6:00pm, please call us in advance so we can put your keys in the lockbox and give you the code.
- Credit Cards will be charged on the morning of your arrival for the balance on your account. We are currently not accepting cash or checks.
- Driver’s licenses, Passports or State ID’s will be mandatory for all adults in the party. Guests from states that are included in the rental restricted states will not be allowed to stay at Sanibel Moorings and will be asked to leave.
- Because of our new cleaning guidelines, no late checkout or early check-ins will be permitted.
- We will require a cell number from at least one person in your party upon arrival for our text messaging system.
- Unregistered guests will not be allowed on property at any time.
- The Waiver and Release must be turned in prior to getting keys to your unit.
What to bring for your stay:
We recommend you bring personal protective equipment, including masks, that you will require during your stay.
If you can, bring your own beach towels, chairs, and umbrellas!
CDC Recommendations regarding COVID-19:
Please click this link for current CDC Recommendations
Current Status of local Restaurants and Retail Shops:
Most are open but have limited capacity at their own discretion. All restaurants and retail shops require masks.
Jerry’s and Bailey’s are both open and offer delivery service. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR GROCERIES WILL NEED TO BE DELIVERED AFTER YOUR ARRIVAL. Groceries will not be accepted by the resort prior to your arrival.
Beaches and Parking:
All beaches are open, and all Sanibel owned parking lots are open.
Your best resource for all Sanibel Information is http://www.mysanibel.com/